The Artistic Photography Of Shari Workman

Shari is a wonderful artistic photographer from Minnesota. Much of her work showcases the beautiful countryside where she lives. See more of her work at http://www.shariworkman.com
This video was made with Shari's permission.




Here is what Shari has to say about herself:
I am 40-something, married with children (3 teenagers), and live on 20 acres of beautiful countryside in rural Minnesota (Central).  Born and raised a city girl (In Minneapolis), I truly have grown to love the wide open spaces, wild life and nature.  The world really is a beautiful place.

I have always enjoyed taking pictures; only the last few years I have taken it a bit more seriously, and can now officially call it Photography.  I love animals, flowers and macro photography.  As of late, I have been turning my images more into photo art than anything.  I am in a mode where I want to fine tune every pixel, and yes, getting that fussy can drive me crazy, but, when I reach that point, I generally put the image in a 'In Progress" folder and start on another one.  A week later, I find there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and tweak it a tad and upload it. 



Most of my images are taken with a Nikon D70. Some were taken with my handy little pocket-sized Sony Cybershot. The lenses I use with the Nikon is: 70-300mm, 18-70mm, and a 90mm Macro. Oh, and I also have a 2X for attaching to the 300mm.

I tend to postwork most of my photo's .. For that, I primarily use Photoshop CS II, PhotoImpact , Painter8, and various freebies such as Neat Image, Virtual Photographer, and others. Anyway, thank you for your interest.

No comments: